Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India. FSSAI is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety.
All businesses involved in handling of food or food products must obtain FSSAI registration or FSSAI license to ensure the customers that the food prepared is safe and hygiene to consume. Here in this article, we look at the documents required for obtaining FSSAI registration.
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration
FSSAI registration is mostly applicable for petty food retailers and the procedure for obtaining FSSAI registration is very simple. The documents required for FSSAI registration are:
- Photo of Food Business Operator.
- Document for Identity Proof like Ration Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Aadhar Card, Senior Citizen Card, Department Issued ID.
- Supporting Documents (if any):- NOC by Municipality/Panchayat, Health NOC.
Documents Required for FSSAI State License
The following are the documents required for FSSAI State License:
- Form-B Duly completed and signed (in Duplicate) by the Proprietor or Partner or authorize Signatory.
- Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit showing the dimensions in metres/square metres and operation-wise area allocation (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
- List of Directors/Partners/Executive Members of Society/Trust with full address and contact details (mandatory for companies only)
- Name and list of Equipments and Machinery along with number, installed capacity and horsepower used (mandatory for manufacturing aand processing units only)
- Identity and address proof issued by Government Authority for Proprietor/Partner/Director(s)/Authorised Signatory
- List of food category desired to be manufactured. (In case of manufacturers)
- Authority letter with name and address, responsible person nominated by the manufacturer along with alternative responsible person indicating the powers vested with them viz assisting the officers in inspections, collection of samples, packing & dispatch (for manufacturers/processors)
- Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of water to be used as an ingredient in food from a recognized/ public health laboratory to confirm the potability (mandatory only for manufacturing and processing units)
- Proof of possession of premises. (Sale deed/ Rent agreement/ Electricity bill, etc.)
- Partnership Deed or Affidavit of Proprietorship or Memorandum & Articles of Association towards the constitution of the firm. (optional)
- FSSAI Self-Declaration for Proprietorships
- Copy & certificate obtained under Coop – 1861/Multi State Coop Act – 2002 in case of Cooperatives
- NOC & Copy of License from manufacturer (mandatory for relabelers and repackers only)
- Declaration and Undertaking by Food Business Operator
- Food Safety Management System Plan or certificate.
- Source of mil or procurement plan for milk including location of milk collection centres (in case of Milk and Milk Products processing).
- Sources of raw material for meat and meat processing plants.
- Pesticide residues report of water in case of units manufacturing packaged drinking water, packaged Mineral water and/or carbonated water from a recognized public health laboratory.
- Recall plan wherever applicable.
- NOC from Municipality or local body.
- Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company alongwith the Board Resolution
- Certificate provided by the Ministry of Tourism.
- For Transporters – Self declaration of number of vehicles.
- Declaration Form – For Delhi or Himachal Pradesh.
Here in this article, we have understood about the documents required for FSSAI registration, it will surely be useful for you to grow your business.
Further business accounting needs can be taken care of by EZO Software – By Downloading this Invoice app you would be able to manage invoice, accounting, credit, inventory, customers, etc and fulfill all your accounting needs.