Every business is looking for ways to reduce their carbon footprint, and one place where you can make some headway is your office. There are many advantages to doing this; it will cut down on running costs, plus people are looking to do business with green organisations, and with that in mind, here are a few tips to make your office eco-friendlier.
- Furniture Recycling – In the event you are looking to replace some of your office furniture, there are specialist companies that will remove your old furniture and auction it on your behalf. Rather than furniture disposal in Melbourne, you can actually receive some money by recycling the items, and in the event they are no longer usable, the items would be disposed of in an eco-friendly manner.
- LED Lighting – If you replace all of the incandescent lightbulbs with low energy LED light fittings, you will save on energy use, plus your electricity bill will be lower. LED lights are more expensive than traditional bulbs, yet over time, you will save energy and money.
- Window Tints – Applying tints to your windows will reduce the amount of heat transfer, keeping the cool air inside during the summer months and reducing heat loss in the winter. This also helps the shade the interior, bringing with it a nice ambience that reduces glare.
- Digitalise your Data – If you scan all of your documents and save the data to the cloud, you no longer have the need for paper, which will allow you to get rid of those bulky filing cabinets. Once all of your documents are digitalised, they can be accessed from any location using any device, plus your employees will not waste valuable time looking for paper documents, as they can bring up any document on their computer screen.
- Introduce a ‘Save Energy’ Campaign – If you talk to your staff and ask them to be mindful when using appliances and electrical equipment, this will result in a reduction of energy use. You could adjust your climate control, which would also result in energy saving. Computers can be powered down when not in use, lights turned off when not needed, plus you could shut down the climate control 30 minutes before work finishes in the evening.
As you can see, there are numerous ways that you can make your office a little greener and with everyone pulling together, your carbon footprint will be reduced.